A skincare ingredient that you may have come across on some packaging labels is Squalane. Curious, you quickly Google it. The search results throw up a ‘Squalene’ and a ‘Squalane’. Confused? Are they the same, with just a difference of one vowel? Actually, no. And, here’s why.
SqualAne is a plant-based compound, derived from olives, and sometimes, rice bran. SqualEne, on the other hand, is naturally found in high concentrations in shark liver.
Interestingly, squalene is also naturally produced by the body but, unfortunately, the body’s natural production of squalene significantly slows down after the age of 30. Which is where squalane steps in to plug the gaps.
BiE has no less than three premium products that have Squalane as one of their key ingredients - Guardian - Pollution Shield Serum, Superpower - Eternal Youth Cream, and Illuminating Face Oil.
True to its name, this distinctive blend acts as a natural barrier that prevents sun photoaging and oxidative damage.
- Provides all-round protection from pollution, sun damage and free radicals
- Nourishes and protects the skin
- Deeply moisturises skin, giving it a well-rested look
A phenomenal night cream, Superpower makes sure you wake up with deeply moisturised and glorious skin.
- Brightens and reverses signs of ageing
- Repairs, renews and revives skin
- Breathes life into your skin cells and helps in plumping
This plush oil is equipped with an A-team of ingredients that render a sheen to your skin.
- Lightens skin and fights signs of ageing
- Reduces hyperpigmentation and naturally illuminates and brightens skin
- Deeply moisturises and gives you a radiant look
Squalane is a powerful skin food that helps nourish the skin like few other ingredients can do. So, make sure you include it in your daily beauty regimen.